Recently Viewed Topics
The Tenable Hardware Appliance must be installed by personnel able to configure IP addresses and perform basic networking tests using tools such as
traceroute to verify connectivity.
Before beginning installation, please be sure to have the following hardware and information available:
- At least one static IP address for the Appliance (not required where DHCP will be used)
- The network subnet mask for the Appliance
- The IP address of the Default Gateway for the Appliance
- The IP address of the DNS servers for the Appliance
- A hostname for the Appliance
- A VGA monitor and USB keyboard
It is recommended that the Appliance be assigned a dedicated IP address so it can be more easily identified and whitelisted by devices such as firewalls and other security tools.
tnsAppliance”. If this is changed, a new server certificate will be generated automatically, requiring a reboot.