Recently Viewed Topics
Create a Custom Widget
Required User Role: Basic, Scan Operator, Standard, Scan Manager, or Administrator
You can use the custom widget option to create uniquely defined widgets. The widgets that you design are supported and defined by the existing Advanced Search filters.
Note: When updates are made, the changes also appear in the classic interface. For more information about this sync, see the Dashboard Synchronization in Classic and New Interface page.
To create a custom widget in the new interface:
View the dashboard you want to update.
In the dashboard header, click the Widgets button.
The Widgets plane appears.
At the top of the widget plane, click the button next to the Custom option or, if you are making your first custom widget, click the link that says Create Your First Custom Widget.
The Create Widget page appears.
Set the widget options.
Option Description Data
- In the Data Set box, select the type of information Tenable.io uses to update the widget. Options are Vulnerabilities (default) or Assets.
- In the Data Grouping drop-down box, select how you want to group the data -- By Plugin (default), By Asset, or By CVE.
Select the chart type for your custom widget. Options are table (default), bar, or ring chart.
Note: To show or hide an item on a bar chart, click the item in the legend. If you make changes to the legend, the changes do not appear in the export.
- In the Name text box, type a name to identify your custom widget.
- (Optional) In the Description text box, type a description of your custom widget.
Select filters for the widget data:
a. Click the button to expand the filter options.
b. In the drop-down box, select category, operator, and value types.
c. (Optional) Click the Add button to specify additional filters.
Note: If you previously created a tag, it appears in the custom widget's list of filters.
Note: If you exceed the current asset query limitations, a message appears in your interface. You should refine the query to a smaller set of asset tags.
Note: Tag filters are not, currently, supported in exports.
Select the saved search you want to apply to the widget.
Note: If you do not have any saved searches, this option does not appear. You can only apply an existing saved search; you cannot create a new saved search from a custom widget. To create a new saved search, see Advanced Saved Search in the Classic Interface.
Set Display Preferences
Specify how you want the widget fields to display in the dashboard:
Select Display Fields check boxes to specify the data fields you want the widget to display.
Note: When you select a chart type, the display field options update to correspond with your selection.
- In the Sort Field drop-down box, select the field on which you want the widget to sort the data.
- In the Sort Direction drop-down box, select the direction in which you want the widget to sort the data.
- In the Results Displayed drop-down box, select the number of results you want the widget to display.
Note: The order that you select items for this option is the order in which they will display in the dashboard interface.
Click Update. A preview version of the widget appears above the Set Data Preferences section.
Note: You must click Update anytime you make a change to the custom widget. If you do not click Update, Tenable.io does not save your changes.
Click Save and Exit. Tenable.io saves the custom widget to the widget library. You can now Add a Widget to a Dashboard to your dashboards.