Recently Viewed Topics
For more information, see Backup and Restore.
Before you begin:
- Confirm your remote host meets the requirements described in Remote Host Environment Requirements.
To configure Tenable.io on-prem to back up data to a remote host:
- Log in to the on-prem configuration interface.
Click Remote Storage.
The Remote Storage page appears.
Type a Remote Host, the hostname for the remote host where you want to store the backup.
Note: The system assumes port 22 for SSH connections. You can specify a custom port by typing the Remote Host in the format hostname:port.
- Type a Remote Path, the location on the remote host where you want to store the files.
- Type a User, the username for a user on the remote host with write privileges for the Remote Path location.
- Paste in a SSH private key, the SSH private key you want on-prem to use when accessing the User/Remote Host you specified.
Click Save Configuration.
The system saves the remote host and automatically creates a backup timer. You cannot edit the time or frequency the backup runs
What to do next:
- Restore the backup, as described in Restore a Backup.