Recently Viewed Topics
For more information, see Backup and Restore.
Before you begin:
- Confirm your remote host meets the requirements described in Remote Host Environment Requirements.
To configure Tenable.io on-prem to back up data to a remote host:
- Log in to the on-prem configuration interface.
Click Remote Storage.
The Remote Storage page appears.
In the Remote Host box, type the hostname for the remote host where you want to store the backup.
Note: The system assumes port 22 for SSH connections. You can specify a custom port by typing the Remote Host in the format hostname:port.
- In the Remote Path box, type the location on the remote host where you want to store the files.
- In the User box, type the username for a user on the remote host with write privileges for the Remote Path location.
- In the SSH private key box, paste the SSH private key you want on-prem to use when accessing the User/Remote Host you specified.
Click Save Configuration.
The system saves the remote host and automatically creates a backup timer. You cannot edit the time or frequency with which the backup runs.
What to do next:
- Restore the backup, as described in Restore a Backup.