Recently Viewed Topics
Create an On-prem Administrator Account
Note: Tenable requires all customers to engage with Professional Services when installing and deploying on-prem. Do not install on-prem without assistance from Professional Services.
You must create an Administrator account when logging in to the on-prem configuration interface for the first time.
You can use this account to access the on-prem configuration interface, not the Tenable.io interface. The system generates credentials for the Tenable.io interface later in the installation process.
Before you begin:
- Mount the on-prem ISO, as described in Mount the On-prem ISO.
To create an Administrator account for the on-prem configuration interface:
- Open a new browser window.
Navigate to https://[hostname]:8000/, where [hostname] is the IP address or hostname you set during installation.
The on-prem configuration interface login page appears.
- In the User name box, type wizard.
- In the Password box, type admin.
Click Log In.
The new account page appears.
- In the Username box, type the username you want to use for the new Administrator.
- In the Password and Confirm Password boxes, type the password you want to use for the new Administrator.
Click Create Account.
The account is created.
What to do next:
- Set the static IP address, as described in Set the Static IP Address.