Recently Viewed Topics
License and Install Tenable.io
Before You Begin
Review the environment requirements described in Hardware Requirements.
- Mount the on-prem ISO, as described in Mount the On-prem ISO.
- Create an initial administrator account, as described in Create an Initial Administrator Account.
- Set the static IP address, as described in Set the Static IP Address.
To license and install Tenable.io in your on-prem deployment:
Open a new window in a supported web browser.
Navigate to https://[hostname]:8000/, where [hostname] is the IP address or hostname you set during installation.
The on-prem configuration interface Login page appears.
Type the User name and Password for the initial Administrator user.
The on-prem configuration interface appears.
- Select the Reuse my password for privileged tasks check box.
- Click Log In.
Click OnPrem Install.
The OnPrem Install page appears.
- Paste the text of your license key into the License box.
Click Begin Installation.
The installation begins and the page updates to show the Tenable.io hostname and login credentials for your first login. Save the credentials for use in step 9.
The installation runs, without updates, for up to 60 minutes. The installation completes.
The Tenable.io Login Page appears.
- Type the User name and Password you saved in step 8.
Click Sign In.
The Tenable.io interface appears.
What to Do Next
- Log in to the on-prem configuration interface and Tenable.io interface to continue configuring and monitoring your on-prem deployment, as described in Log In to the User Interfaces.