Recently Viewed Topics
License and Install Tenable.io
Note: Tenable requires all customers to engage with Professional Services when installing and deploying on-prem. Do not install on-prem without assistance from Professional Services.
Before you begin:
Review the requirements in System Requirements.
- Mount the on-prem ISO, as described in Mount the On-prem ISO.
- Create an initial administrator account, as described in Create an On-prem Administrator Account.
- Set the static IP address, as described in Set the Static IP Address.
To license and install Tenable.io in your on-prem deployment:
- Open a new browser window.
Navigate to https://[hostname]:8000/, where [hostname] is the IP address or hostname you set during installation.
The on-prem configuration interface login page appears.
Type the User name and Password for the initial Administrator user.
The on-prem configuration interface appears.
- Select the Reuse my password for privileged tasks check box.
- Click Log In.
Click OnPrem Install.
The OnPrem Install page appears.
- Next to the License File box, click Select File.
Browse to and select your Tenable-provided license file (a JSON text file).
The system uploads the license file.
Click Begin Installation.
The application downloads and the installation begins.
The page updates to show the Tenable.io Interface URL, Username, and Password you must use for your initial login to the Tenable.io interface.
Monitor the progress of the download and the installation. Click Show Install Logs for more information about the completed tasks.
The download time varies (the application file is 10 GB). The installation runs for up to 60 minutes.
The installation completes.
The Tenable.io login page appears.
- Type the User name and Password given on the OnPrem Install page.
Click Sign In.
The Tenable.io interface appears.
What to do next:
- Log in to the on-prem configuration interface and Tenable.io interface to continue configuring and monitoring your on-prem deployment, as described in Log In to the User Interfaces.