Recently Viewed Topics
Networks in the Classic Interface
Note: You can only manage networks in the classic Tenable.io interface.
In larger enterprises, you can reduce the time and cost of setting up and maintaining locations by deploying environments with the same internal IP addresses. To disambiguate between assets that have the same IP addresses across environments, use networks in Tenable.io.
Create a network for each environment you have, and assign scanners and scanner groups to each network. When a scanner scans an asset, the associated network is added to the asset's details. You can filter assets by network or create dynamic tags based on a network. Recast rules and access groups do not support networks.
A scanner or scanner group can only belong to one network at a time.
There are two types of networks:
Default network—The network to which a scanner or scanner group belongs unless you assign it to a custom network.
You can view scanners in the default network, but you cannot add or remove scanners from the default network.
If you remove a scanner or scanner group from a custom network, or if you delete a custom network, Tenable.io returns the scanner or scanner groups to the default network.
Imported scans always belong to the default network.
Custom network—A network you create.
For more information on networks, see the following topics:
- Create a Network in the Classic Interface
- View or Edit a Network in the Classic Interface
- Add a Scanner to a Network in the Classic Interface
- Remove a Scanner from a Network in the Classic Interface
- Move Assets to a Network in the Classic Interface
- Delete Assets from a Network in the Classic Interface
- Delete a Network in the Classic Interface