Recently Viewed Topics
Create a Target Group
Required User Role: Scan Operator, Standard, Scan Manager, or Administrator
To create a target group:
In the top navigation bar, click Scans.
The My Scans page appears.
In the left navigation bar, click Target Groups.
The Target Groups page appears. By default, the System tab is active.
- Click the User tab.
In the upper-right corner of the page, click the New Group button.
The New Target Group page appears. By default, the Settings tab is active.
In the Name box, type a name for the target group.
In the Targets box, type a comma-separated list of asset identifiers that you want to filter dashboards on.
Supported identifiers include FQDNs, CIDR notation, or IP address ranges.
(Optional) Upload a file of asset identifiers you want to filter dashboards on.
- Next to Upload, click Add File.
- Navigate to and select the text file of a comma-separated list of FQDNs or IP address ranges that you want to filter dashboards on.
Tenable.io adds the uploaded identifiers to the Targets box after you save the target group.
- Configure user permissions for the target group.
Note: If you grant a user permissions in a target group, the user can use the target group in the Target Groups option for scan configurations. However, you must also grant the user Can Scan permissions in an access group for the targets, or Tenable.io excludes the targets from the scan results. For more information, see Access Groups.
One of the following occurs:
- If you configured user permissions for the target group, Tenable.io creates the target group and adds it to the table on the Target Groups page.
If you retained the default No Access permissions for the target group, a confirmation window appears.
In response, do one of the following:
- If the default configuration is appropriate for the target group, click Continue to confirm your action.
- If the default configuration is not appropriate for the target group, click Cancel to return to user permissions configuration for the target group.