Recently Viewed Topics
Create an AWS Connector
Required User Role: Administrator
Before you begin:
- Complete the required AWS configuration steps.
To create an AWS connector:
In the top navigation bar, click Settings.
The About page appears.
In the left navigation bar, click Connectors.
The Connectors page appears.
In the upper-left corner of the page near the Connectors label, click the button.
The Select a Connector plane appears.
- In the Vulnerability Management section, click Amazon AWS.
The Amazon AWS settings plane appears.
- In the Connector Name box, type a name for the connector.
- In the Access Key box, type the access key that you obtained when configuring AWS.
- In the Secret Key box, type the secret key that corresponds to the access key you typed in Step 6.
- (Optional) To add linked AWS accounts, in the Add Linked Accounts section, click the button.
The Add Linked Accounts settings plane appears.
- In the Account ID box, type the account ID for the Amazon AWS account that you want to link. For information about configuring linked accounts, see Link AWS Account.Tip: The minimum length for the ID is 12 characters. To display error messages, hover over the Account ID box.
- Click Add to add the linked accounts.
The Amazon AWS settings plane reappears.
- In the Account ID box, type the account ID for the Amazon AWS account that you want to link. For information about configuring linked accounts, see Link AWS Account.
- In the Select AWS CloudTrails section, click the plus icon to add CloudTrails.
The Select AWS CloudTrails settings plane appears.
- Select the check boxes corresponding to the trails that you want to connect to Tenable.io. You must select at least one trail.
- Click Done to add the trails you selected.
Tenable.io displays the Amazon AWS settings plane.
- Use the toggle to enable or disable the Schedule Import option.
- In the Import text box, type the frequency with which Tenable.io sends data requests to the AWS server. Additionally, in the drop-down box select Minutes, Hours, or Days.
Tenable.io saves the connector.
Click Save & Import.
Tenable.io saves the connector and begins importing your assets from AWS. There may be a short delay before your assets appear in Tenable.io.