Recently Viewed Topics
Create a Tag
Note: When you create a tag rule, Tenable.io may take some time to apply the tag to existing assets, depending on the system load and the number of matching assets.
To create an asset tag:
In the top navigation bar, click Settings.
The About page appears.
In the left navigation bar, click Tags.
The Tags page appears.
In the upper-right corner of the page, click the Create Tag button.
The Create Tag window appears.
Configure a category:Add a new category
Use an existing category
- In the Category box, type a name for the category.Note: You can create a maximum of 100 categories.
- From the drop-down, select an existing category.Note: This field is required. If you want to create tags without individual categories, Tenable recommends that you add the generic category Category, which you can use for all your tags.
- In the Category box, type a name for the category.
Type a tag value in the Value box. For example, if the category is Location, type Headquarters. Tag values cannot include commas.
(Optional) In the Category Description box, type a description of the tag category.
(Optional) In the Value Description box, type a description for the new tag value.
(Optional) Apply the tag automatically based on rules.
- Click Apply automatically with rules to expand the rule options.
In the Match drop-down box, do one of the following:
- Click Any to apply the tag if an asset matches any of the tag rules you create.
- Click All to apply the tag only if an asset meets all of the tag rules you create.
In the rule drop-down boxes, select an asset attribute and operator, then type a value for that attribute. For example, if you want to automatically tag any Windows assets, select Operating System and contains, then type Windows.
(Optional) If you want to add another tag rule, click the + button next to the rule you created.