Recently Viewed Topics
Create an Accept Rule
- On the top navigation bar, click Settings.
On the left navigation bar, click Recast Rules.
The Recast Rules page appears.
- On the Recast Rules page, click New Rule.
The New Recast Rule page appears.
In the Target Vulnerability box, type the ID of the plugin that you want to accept. For example, 51192.
If the plugin ID corresponds to a Nessus plugin, the Original Severity indicator will change to match the default severity of the vulnerability. The Original Severity indicator does not change if another type of plugin is used.
- In the Action box, select Accept.
- If you wish to report the vulnerability as a false positive, then select the Report as false positive check box.
- Optionally, in the Comment box, type a comment regarding the rule.
In the Target box, select the target of the recast rule. By default, rules target all assets.
If you select Custom, a text box appears below the Target box.
- Optionally, in the text box, type one or more targets for the rule. In the text box you can enter a comma-delimited list that includes any combination of IP addresses, IP ranges, CIDR, and hostnames.
- Optionally, in the Expiration box, set an expiration date for the rule. This is only necessary if you want the rule to expire. By default, the rule applies indefinitely.
- Optionally, in the Comments box, enter a description of the rule. This text is only visible if the rule is modified and has no functional effect.
The accept rule is immediately applied. The vulnerability that has been affected by your accept rule is hidden on your workbench.
Note: To view vulnerabilities hidden from your workbench, use the Recast & Accept advanced filter.