Recently Viewed Topics
Create an Accept Rule
To create an accept rule:
In the top navigation bar, click Settings.
The About page appears.
In the left navigation bar, click Recast Rules.
The Recast Rules page appears.
Click New Rule.
The New Recast Rule page appears.
In the Target Vulnerability box, type the ID of the plugin that you want to accept. For example, 51192.
Note: If the plugin ID corresponds to a Nessus plugin, the Original Severity indicator changes to match the default severity of the vulnerability. The Original Severity indicator does not change if another type of plugin is used.
- In the Action box, select Accept.
- (Optional) If you want to report the vulnerability as a false positive, select the Report as false positive check box.
- (Optional) In the Comment box, type a comment regarding the rule.
In the Target box, select the target of the recast rule. By default, rules target all assets.If you select Custom, a text box appears below the Target box.
- (Optional) In the text box, type one or more targets for the rule. In the text box you can type a comma-delimited list that includes any combination of IP addresses, IP ranges, CIDR, and hostnames.
- (Optional) In the Expiration box, set an expiration date for the rule. This is only necessary if you want the rule to expire. By default, the rule applies indefinitely.
- (Optional) In the Comments box, type a description of the rule. This text is only visible if the rule is modified and has no functional effect.
Tenable.io may take some time to apply the rule to existing vulnerabilities, depending on the system load and the number of matching vulnerabilities. The affected vulnerability is hidden on your workbench.
Note: To view vulnerabilities hidden from your workbench, use the Recast & Accept advanced filter.