Recently Viewed Topics
Create a Recast Rule
- On the top navigation bar, click Settings.
On the left navigation bar, click Recast Rules.
The Recast Rules page appears.
- On the Recast Rules page, click New Rule.
The New Recast Rule page appears.
In the Target Vulnerability box, type the ID of the plugin that you want to recast. For example, 51192.
If the plugin ID corresponds to a Nessus plugin, the Original Severity indicator will change to match the default severity of the vulnerability. The Original Severity indicator does not change if another type of plugin is used.
- In the Set to box, select the severity level for the vulnerability.
In the Target box, select the target of the recast rule. By default, rules target all assets.
If you select Custom, a text box appears below the Target box.
- Optionally, in the text box, type one or more targets for the rule. In the text box you can enter a comma-delimited list that includes any combination of IP addresses, IP ranges, CIDR, and hostnames.
- Optionally, in the Expiration box, set an expiration date for the rule. This is only necessary if you want the rule to expire. By default, the rule applies indefinitely.
- Optionally, in the Comments box, enter a description of the rule. This text is only visible if the rule is modified and has no functional effect.
The recast rule is immediately applied. The vulnerability that has been affected by your recast rule is reflected on your workbench, where a label appears to indicate how many instances of the vulnerability have been recast.
Note: A recast rule does not affect the historical results of a scan.