Recently Viewed Topics
Edit an Access Group
Required User Role: Administrator
You can edit asset rules for an existing access group, as well as add or remove users and user groups assigned to the access group.
Note: You cannot edit the name or asset rules for the system-generated All Assets access group.
To edit an access group:
In the upper-left corner, click the button.
The left navigation plane appears.
In the left navigation plane, click Settings.
The Settings page appears.
Click the Access Groups widget.
The Access Groups page appears. This page contains a table that lists the access groups that you have access to.
- You can edit the following:Edit asset rules:
Edit the access group name:
Next to Asset Rules, click the button.
The Edit Asset Rules plane appears.
- To edit an existing rule, modify the category, operator, and/or value as needed.
- To delete an existing rule, click the button next to the rule.
To add a new rule, click Add and create a new rule.
Edit users and groups:
- Roll over the access group name and click the button.
- Type your new name.
- Click the button.
- To delete an existing user or group, click the button next to the name.
- To add a user or group:
Next to Users & Groups, click the button.
The Add Users & Groups plane appears.
- Type the name for the user or group you want to add.
- In the drop-down, select the user or group you want to add.
- Click Add.
To toggle between granting access to All Users and the specific users and user groups you assigned, click the All Users toggle.
In the access group preview plane, click Save.
Tenable.io updates the access group with your changes.
Note: When you edit an access group, Tenable.io may take some time to assign assets to the access group, depending on the system load, the number of matching assets, and the number of vulnerabilities.