Recently Viewed Topics
Edit Tag Rules
Required User Role: Scan Operator, Standard, Scan Manager, or Administrator
Note: When you edit a tag rule, Tenable.io may take some time to apply the tag to existing assets, depending on the system load and the number of matching assets.
To edit tag rules in the new interface:
In the upper-left corner, click the button.
The left navigation plane appears.
In the left navigation plane, click Settings.
The Settings page appears.
Click the Tagging widget.
The Tags page appears.
- Do one of the following:
- To edit tag rules for a tag category, click the Category tab.
- To edit tag rules for a tag value, click the Value tab.
In the tags table, click the tag you want to edit.
The Edit page appears.
Edit the tag rules:
In the match drop-down box, do one of the following:
- Click Match All to apply the tag only if an asset meets all of the tag rules you create.
- Click Match Any to apply the tag if an asset matches any of the tag rules you create.
In the rule drop-down boxes, select an asset attribute and operator, then type a value for that attribute.
For example, if you want to automatically tag any Windows assets, select Operating System and contains, then type Windows.
(Optional) To add another tag rule, click the Add button.
Note: You can add a maximum of 1,000 rules per individual tag.
- (Optional) To see the number of assets that match your rules, click Calculate affected assets.
(Optional) Edit the list of assets excluded from the tag:
In the Excluded Assets table, click the check box next to any previously-excluded asset that you now want to include in dynamic tag evaluations.
The action bar appears at the bottom of the page.
In the action bar, click the button.
A confirmation window appears.
Tenable.io re-evaluates the asset and applies the tag to the asset if the asset attributes match the tag's current rules.
Tenable.io updates the tag rules and applies the tag to matching assets.