Tenable Security Response Team’s 2022 Threat Landscape Report is an analysis of the past year’s significant vulnerabilities and mis-configurations, including major data breaches in 2022. This information provides valuable insight for organizations to ensure their security strategy and implementation align with the current threat landscape. The report highlights publicly available information on data breaches and contains references to CVE Records and CVSS Scores from critical events and key vulnerabilities that were reported and analyzed during 2022.
The 2022 Threat Landscape Report Dashboards (Tenable Vulnerability Management and Tenable Security Center) use CVE filters to display the most notable vulnerabilities, providing indicators, by vendor, for the key vulnerabilities exploited in 2022. Many of the widgets within the dashboard provide guidance to identify these vulnerabilities, including correlation between CVSSv3 scores and the CVEs discussed in the Threat Landscape Report. See the Tenable Vulnerability Management Widget Library for a comprehensive list of useful widgets. Analysts can also leverage the 2022 Threat Landscape Report Tactical Scan Template and other tactical scans for a targeted review of the infrastructure.
The Tenable 2022 Threat Landscape Report (TLR) inspects key aspects of the cybersecurity landscape and describes how organizations can revise their programs to focus on reducing risk. The TLR covers:
- Significant vulnerabilities disclosed and exploited throughout the year, including how common cloud misconfigurations can affect even large tech companies
- The continuous transformation of the ransomware ecosystem and the rise of extortion-only threat groups
- Ongoing risks, vulnerabilities and attacks within the software supply chain
- Tactics used by advanced persistent threat groups to target organizations with cyber espionage as well as financially motivated attacks.
- Breach factors and the challenges in analyzing breach data, given limited information available and lack of detailed reporting requirements
- Details of the key vulnerabilities affecting enterprise software
Use the information in this Cyber Exposure Study to perform a targeted review of your organization’s environment against the current threat and vulnerability landscape to effectively allocate resources. The logic described in this study can be applied to any new research report, whitepaper, or applicable framework for your environment.