The Topology page gives you a unique geographical representation of your system's assets. You can view the map in either 2D or 3D mode. You can also use this page to filter, search for, and highlight assets to view their details.
Note: Filters applied on the Assets and Vulnerabilities pages also apply to the Topology page, and vice versa (i.e., filters applied on the Topology page apply to the Assets and Vulnerabilities pages until you clear the filter). For more information, see Filter Results.
On the Topology page, you can:
- Identify the assets with the most critical roles.
- Locate assets in the system and view where there may be increased density or sparsity of criticality.
- Identify sections of the network system where there may be increased risk.
- View where newly discovered assets are located in the system.
- Identify assets that may not have recent activity.
- Identify weaknesses in the network.
Note: If your instance of Industrial Security is linked to an instance of NNM running in discovery mode, then asset connections in the 2D and 3D topology views may not populate. For more information about discovery mode, see NNM Settings in the NNM user guide.
Note: If your deployment includes more than 2,000 assets, then the 2D and 3D topology views do not populate.
Topology 2D view:
Topology 3D view:
For more information, see Switch Map View.
Click and drag the Zoom slider left or right (or, optionally scroll your wheel up/down on your mouse) to zoom in or zoom out on the map. Right-click and hold the mouse button to pan up/down/left/right.
Tip: Zoom in to view details about the count of the highest level of vulnerabilities for a given asset.
To rotate the 3D topology map, left-click and hold down the mouse button.