The Tenable for ServiceNow applications are highly customizable as every ServiceNow environment tends to be unique. However, Tenable cannot provide ServiceNow specific customization support. This guide provides information for basic customization scenarios. Tenable cannot troubleshoot or support items such as custom CI rules, custom transform maps, and custom field mapping.
Many customers utilize a deployment partner to help set up their instance appropriately for their customer needs. If you are interested, contact your Tenable representative to get information on other companies that have extensive experience with the Tenable for ServiceNow applications.
Contacting Tenable Support
- Support Hours of Operation: 24 hours a day
- Support Days of Operation: 7 days a week
- Contact Method: Phone, Support Portal, Email, Chat
- Contact Details: 1-855- 267-7044 (Toll Free) 1-443- 545-2104 (Direct), Tenable Community Site
- Follow the Contact Tenable Support link in the application to go directly to the Tenable Community Site
How can I view the progress of my scheduled import?
- Navigate to Tenable Connector > Connector > Job Logs
The status of these jobs updates throughout the progress of the import:
- Initially, the status is set to New.
- When the export job finishes, and ServiceNow begins receiving chunk data from Tenable, the status changes to Receiving Chunk Data.
- For each chunk of data queried from Tenable, a related Job Chunk record is created with a New status. The raw imported payload is attached as a .json file titled JOB000XXXX-native-0.json in the Job Chunk record.
- The raw data is then transformed into a usable format that can be ingested by ServiceNow. This transformed payload is then attached to the Job Chunk record as a .json file titled JOB000XXXX-full-x.json.
The Job Chunk record status is then set to Data Received.
This process repeats until there are no more data chunks to pull from Tenable.
Once all the chunk data is retrieved, the Job status changes to Importing. Each Job Chunk import into ServiceNow one at a time. As it is importing, the Job Chunk status is set to Importing and then is set to Complete or Error once finished.
Once all of the Job Chunks have completed importing, the job is marked as Complete or Complete with Errors.
Note: If a job is marked Complete with Errors, the job is attempted again on the next schedule.
How can I adjust the Log Level?
- In ServiceNow, navigate to Tenable Connector > Connector > Asset/VR/ITSM Settings.
- From the Logging Level drop-down, select the logging level you wish to employ.