The Tenable for ServiceNow applications are highly customizable as every ServiceNow environment tends to be unique. However, Tenable cannot provide ServiceNow specific customization support. This guide provides information for basic customization scenarios. Tenable cannot troubleshoot or support items such as custom CI rules, custom transform maps, and custom field mapping.
Many customers utilize a deployment partner to help set up their instance appropriately for their customer needs. If you are interested, contact your Tenable representative to get information on other companies that have extensive experience with the Tenable for ServiceNow applications.
Contacting Tenable Support
- Support Hours of Operation: 24 hours a day
- Support Days of Operation: 7 days a week
- Contact Method: Phone, Support Portal, Email, Chat
- Contact Details: 1-855- 267-7044 (Toll Free) 1-443- 545-2104 (Direct), Tenable Community Site
- Follow the Contact Tenable Support link in the application to go directly to the Tenable Community Site
How can I view the progress of my scheduled import?
- Navigate to Tenable Connector > Connector > Job Logs
The status of these jobs updates throughout the progress of the import:
- Initially, the status is set to New.
- While the job is running, the status updates to Identifying Chunks.
- When the export job finishes, and ServiceNow begins receiving chunk data from Tenable Vulnerability Management, the status changes to Receiving Chunk Data.
Each chunk is attached to a .json file in ServiceNow. Chunks are listed under their associated job.
Once all the chunk data is retrieved, the status changes to Importing. Each chunk imports into ServiceNow one at a time.
Once importing is complete, the job is marked as Complete or Complete with Errors.
Note: If a job is marked Complete with Errors, the job is attempted again on the next schedule.
How can I adjust the Log Level?
- In ServiceNow, navigate to Tenable Connector > Connector > Asset/VR/ITSM Settings.
- From the Logging Level drop-down, select the logging level you wish to employ.