Configure Tenable.sc Credentials
To complete the installation process, you must complete the setup for the Tenable Add-on for Splunk.
Required User Role: Security Analyst
To setup the Tenable Add-on for Splunk:
- Log in to your data collection node.
In the left navigation bar, click Tenable Add-on for Splunk.
Click the Configuration tab.
Click the Add button.
A new window appears.
- In the Tenable Access Type field, select Tenable.sc Credentials.
Enter the necessary information for each field, described in the chart below.
Input Parameters Description Account Name (Required) The unique name for each Tenable data input. Tenable Account Type (Required) The type of Tenable account - Tenable.io, Tenable.sc Credentials, or Tenable.sc Certificate. Address (Required) The host name or IP address for Tenable.sc. Verify SSL Certificate If enabled, Splunk verifies the certificate in Tenable.sc. Username (Rquired)The username in Tenable.sc. Password The password in Tenable.sc. Proxy Enable
Enables the plugin to collect Tenable.sc data via a proxy server. If you select this option, the plug- in prompts you to enter the following:
- Proxy Type - the type of proxy used.
- Proxy Host - the host name or IP address of the the roxy server.
- Proxy Port - the port number of the proxy server.
- Proxy Username - the username for an account that has permissions to access and use the proxy server.
- Proxy Password - the password associated with the username you provided.
- Click Add to complete the configuration.
- Create an Input for the Tenable Add-On for Splunk.