Upgrade from App v1 to v3
Note: If you are upgrading from App v2 to v3, install the new version (v3) over the old version (v2).
Complete the following steps to upgrade your application from v1 to v3.
Before you begin:
- Backup all current application configurations outside the Splunk install path.
To upgrade from v1 to v3:
Note: The upgrade process includes uninstalling v1 before you install v3.
Delete the app and all app configuration files from all Splunk search heads and heavy forwarders from the command line, i.e.:
rm -rf $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/TA-tenable/
- Installation the v3 app.
- Configuration your account.
Create a new index to store your data.
Note: You cannot re-use an existing index.
Note: Use the index that you created in step 4.
After the upgrade:
- When you enable the input, v3 imports all of your existing vulnerabilities, including all previously fixed vulnerabilities. This ensures that no data is lost.
- Synchronization of previously fixed vulnerabilities is optional during the input setup and disabled by default. To enable the synchronization, see the Create an Input section.
- When the initial import completes, you can run saved searches to create lookup tables and build reports.