Recently Viewed Topics
The LCE Windows Client can be removed in three ways:
- Using the original .msi file that you installed the Windows Client with.
- Using the command line.
- Using the Control Panel for your version of Windows. This method will vary based on your operating system. If you are unsure how to remove a program using the Control Panel, consult the documentation for your operating system.
If you are removing the LCE Windows Client from a host where User Account Control is enabled, right-click the LCE Windows Client .msi file and select Run As Administrator. Otherwise, double-click the LCE Windows Client .msi file.
The InstallShield Wizard appears. On the Program Maintenance screen, you are prompted to Modify, Repair, or Remove the installation.
Select Remove, and then click the Next button.
The Remove the Program screen appears. You are prompted to remove all files in program data folders. By default, the Remove all files in program data folders check box is selected.
- If you do not want to remove local files that were created by the LCE Windows Client, clear the Remove all files in program data folders check box.
Click the Next button.
The Files in Use screen appears. The Tenable LCE Client service must be stopped in order for the removal to complete successfully. By default, the Tenable LCE Client service will be stopped.
- If you do not want to stop the Tenable LCE Client service, select Do not close applications. Your computer will need to be restarted before the removal process is completed.
Click OK, and then complete the InstallShield Wizard.
The LCE Windows Client is removed.
- <Package File> corresponds to the directory location and name of the .msi file. For example, C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\lce_client-4.4.0-windows_2008_x64.msi. The exact package name will vary.
The /qn in the executed command instructs the .msi file to run with no user feedback.