Recently Viewed Topics
Configure the Web Query Client Policy for Salesforce
Using the Client Policy Builder, you can create and modify policies for your LCE Web Query Client. The following steps are performed via the web interface on the LCE server that you configured your LCE Web Query Client to communicate with.
To configure the Web Query Client Policy for Salesforce:
A Web Query Client policy for Salesforce requires you to add a Salesforce endpoint to the policy. You must provide the following:
To add the endpoint:
- The username, password, and security token of a Salesforce user account.
- The Consumer Secret and Consumer Key you obtained when you created a connected app.
In the Basic pane of the Client Policy Builder, click the button in to add a group.
The Add a new endpoint group window appears.
Click the Add Salesforce endpoint button.
A new Salesforce endpoint appears.
- In the Endpoint name box, enter a name that identifies the endpoint.
- Select the Active check box.
- In the Query interval box, enter the number of seconds between each query to the Salesforce API.
- In the Username box, enter the username for the Salesforce account being queried.
- In the Password box, enter the password that corresponds to the username, along with that user’s security token appended to the end of the password. For example,
- In the Consumer Key box, enter the Consumer Key for the connected app you created.
In the Consumer Secret box, enter the Consumer Secret for the connected app you created.
Note: You can add multiple endpoints to a single group. For example, one group could contain three Salesforce endpoints. Another group could contain a Salesforce endpoint, an AWS CloudTrail endpoint, and a Google Cloud endpoint.
- Assign the policy to the LCE Web Query Client.