Recently Viewed Topics
Run the Migration Tool via the User Interface
The user interface is a streamlined, guided method to configure and run the migration tool.
Before you begin:
- Confirm that the migration tool suits your environment, as described in Environment Requirements.
- Review the data migrated by the migration tool, as described in Migrated Data and Post-Migration Action Items.
- Review the frequently asked questions for the migration tool, as described in Migration Tool FAQs.
- In Tenable.io, generate API keys to use during the migration. For more information, see the Tenable.io Vulnerability Management User Guide.
- Download the latest version of the migration tool, as described in Download the Migration Tool.
To run the migration tool via the user interface:
In the directory where you downloaded the migration tool, double-click on the Tenable.sc-io_migration_tool_2.0.6.jar file to launch the user interface.
The migration tool user interface appears.
- In the Temporary Directory section, click Browse and select the location where you want the migration tool to temporarily store migration files.
- On the Tenable.sc tab, configure the Tenable.sc connection options:
- In the Tenable.sc FQDN box, type the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) or IP address for Tenable.sc.
In the Security Manager Username and Security Manager Password boxes, type the credentials for a security manager account on Tenable.sc.
- In the Administrator Username and Administrator Password boxes, type the credentials for an administrator account on Tenable.sc.
- On the Tenable.io tab, configure the Tenable.io connection options:
- In the Tenable.io FQDN box, view the default: cloud.tenable.com.
- In the Tenable.io API Access Key and Tenable.io API Secret Key boxes, type the API keys generated by Tenable.io.
- (Optional) If you want to use the migration tool to migrate user accounts, on the Email Service tab, configure the email server options for distributing Tenable.io credentials:
- In the Host URL box, type the FQDN or IP address for the email server you want to use to distribute Tenable.io account credentials to Tenable.sc users.
- In the Port box, type the port for the email server.
- In the Host User and Host Password boxes, type the credentials for an account on the email server.
- In the Sender Email box, type the email address you want the email server to use when distributing Tenable.io account credentials to Tenable.sc users.
- (Optional) If you want to use a proxy to communicate with both Tenable.sc and Tenable.io, on the Proxy tab, configure the options for your proxy server:
- In the Proxy Host box, type the FQDN or IP address for the proxy server.
- In the Proxy Port box, type the port for the proxy server.
- In the Items to Migrate section, identify the items that you want to migrate:
- Select Migrate All Data Except Scan Results to migrate all supported items except scan result data.
- Select Migrate Scan Results to migrate scan result data.
- Select both check boxes to migrate all supported items.
- (Optional) If you selected Migrate Scan Results, type a Max Scan Result Age to indicate how many days of scan result data you want to migrate.
(Optional) If you are troubleshooting an issue with the migration tool, in the Diagnostics section, select the Enable verbose logs check box.
Note: The migration tool takes 25% longer to run when you enable diagnostic logging.
Click Start Migration.
The migration begins.
Monitor the progress of the migration on the Migration Progress tab.
Note: After the migration tool completes, you can find a copy of the migration progress log in your local directory: Tenable_sc_io_migration_tool.log.
The migration completes.
Review the post-migration action items noted on the Post-Migration Action Items tab.
Note: You can find a copy of the action items log in your local directory: Tenable_sc_io_action_items.log.
What to do next:
Log in to Tenable.io and resolve your post-migration action items, as described in Migrated Data and Post-Migration Action Items.
- If you configured the migration tool to migrate user accounts, instruct migrated users to check their email and retrieve their Tenable.io login credentials.
- Learn more about Tenable.io using the Tenable.io User Guide.