Recently Viewed Topics
Run the Migration Tool via the CLI
Experienced users can use the CLI to configure and run the migration tool.
Before you begin:
- Confirm that the migration tool suits your environment, as described in Environment Requirements.
- Review the data migrated by the migration tool, as described in Migrated Data and Post-Migration Action Items.
- Review the frequently asked questions for the migration tool, as described in Migration Tool FAQs.
- In Tenable.io, generate API keys to use during the migration. For more information, see the Tenable.io Vulnerability Management User Guide.
- Download the latest version of the migration tool, as described in Download the Migration Tool.
To run the migration tool via the CLI:
- Open a command line terminal window as admin or root user.
Run the following command, where variable represents custom parameter values defined below:
java -jar Tenable.sc-io_migration_tool_2.0.6.jar nogui SCAdministratorUsername=variable SCAdministratorPassword=variable SCSecurityManagerUsername=variable SCSecurityManagerPassword=variable SCHost=variable IOHost=variable TenableIOAccessKey=variable TenableIOSecretKey=variable MigrateAllDataExceptScanResults=variable: true or false MigrateScanResults=variable: true or false MaxScanResultAge=variable TemporaryDirectory=variable
EmailHost=variable EmailPort=variable EmailUser=variable EmailPassword=variable EmailSender=variable ProxyHost=variable ProxyPort=variable VerboseLog=variable: true or false Parameter Variable Description SCAdministratorUsername The username for an administrator account on Tenable.sc. SCAdministratorPassword The password for an administrator account on Tenable.sc. SCSecurityManagerUsername The username for a security manager account on Tenable.sc. SCSecurityManagerPassword The password for a security manager account on Tenable.sc. SCHost The fully qualified domain name (FQDN) or IP address for Tenable.sc. IOHost
(Optional) The Tenable.io FQDN. If you omit this parameter from the command, cloud.tenable.com is used as the default.
TenableIOAccessKey The API access key generated by Tenable.io. TenableIOSecretKey The API secret key generated by Tenable.io. MigrateAllDataExceptScanResults Set to true if you want to migrate all supported items except scan result data. If you omit this parameter from the command, true is used as the default. MigrateScanResults Set to true if you want to migrate scan result data. If you omit this parameter from the command, false is used as the default. MaxScanResultAge
The number of days of scan result data that you want to migrate.
If you set MigrateScanResults to false, omit this parameter. If you set MigrateScanResults to true and you omit this parameter from the command, 90 is used as the default.
(Optional) The temporary directory where you want the migration tool to temporarily store migration files.
If you omit this option from the command, the OS /tmp folder is used as the default.
EmailHost The FQDN or IP address for the email server you want to use to distribute Tenable.io account credentials to Tenable.sc users. EmailPort The port for the email server. EmailUser The username for an account on the email server. EmailPassword The password for an account on the email server. EmailSender
The email address you want the email server to use when distributing Tenable.io account credentials to Tenable.sc users.
The FQDN or IP address for the proxy server you want the migration tool to use when connecting to Tenable.sc and Tenable.io.
The port for the proxy server you want the migration tool to use when connecting to Tenable.sc and Tenable.io.
Set to true if you are troubleshooting an issue with the migration tool and you want to generate detailed logs to send to Tenable Support. If you omit this parameter from the command, false is used as the default.
Note: The migration tool takes 25% longer to run when you enable diagnostic logging.
The migration begins.
Monitor the progress of the migration in the terminal window, or by opening the Tenable_sc_io_migration_tool.log file.
The migration completes.
- Open the Tenable_sc_io_action_items.log file and review the post-migration action items.
What to do next:
Log in to Tenable.io and resolve your post-migration action items, as described in Migrated Data and Post-Migration Action Items.
- If you configured the migration tool to migrate user accounts, instruct migrated users to check their email and retrieve their Tenable.io login credentials.
- Learn more about Tenable.io using the Tenable.io User Guide.