Export a Scan
You can export a scan from one Nessus scanner and import it to a different Nessus scanner. This helps you manage your scan results, compare reports, back up reports, and facilitates communication between groups within an organization. For more information, see Import a Scan and Import a Policy.
You can export scan results as a Nessus file or as a Nessus DB file. For more information, see Scan Exports and Reports.
To export a scan:
In the top navigation bar, click Scans.
The My Scans page appears.
Click a scan.
The scan's results page appears.
- In the upper-right corner, click Export.
From the drop-down box, select the format in which you want to export the scan results.
- If you select Nessus, Nessus exports the .nessus XML file.
- If you select Nessus DB, the Export as Nessus DB dialog box appears.
Type a password to protect the file.
When you import the Nessus DB file to another scanner, you must enter this password.
Nessus exports the Nessus DB file.
- If you select Policy, Nessus exports an informational JSON file that contains the scan policy details.
- If you select Timing Data, Nessus exports an information CSV file that contains the scan hostname, IP, FQDN, scan start and end times, and the scan duration in seconds.