Export a Scan
You can export a scan from one Tenable Nessus scanner and import it to a different Tenable Nessus scanner. This helps you manage your scan results, compare reports, back up reports, and facilitates communication between groups within an organization. For more information, see Import a Scan and Import a Policy.
You can export scan results as a Tenable Nessus file or as a Tenable Nessus DB file. For more information, see Scan Exports and Reports.
To export a scan:
In the top navigation bar, click Scans.
The My Scans page appears.
Click a scan.
The scan's results page appears.
- In the upper-right corner, click Export.
From the drop-down box, select the format in which you want to export the scan results.
- If you select Tenable Nessus, Tenable Nessus exports the .nessus XML file.
- If you select Tenable Nessus DB, the Export as Tenable Nessus DB dialog box appears.
Type a password to protect the file.
When you import the Tenable Nessus DB file to another scanner, you must enter this password.
Tenable Nessus exports the Tenable Nessus Manager DB file.
- If you select Policy, Tenable Nessus exports an informational JSON file that contains the scan policy details.
- If you select Timing Data, Tenable Nessus exports an information CSV file that contains the scan hostname, IP, FQDN, scan start and end times, and the scan duration in seconds.