Migrate Agents to a Cluster
If you have a non-clustered instance of Tenable Nessus Manager with linked agents, you can migrate the linked agents to an existing cluster. After the agents successfully migrate to the cluster, the agents are then unlinked from their original Tenable Nessus Manager. Any agents that did not successfully migrate remain linked to the original Tenable Nessus Manager. The original Tenable Nessus Manager remains as a Tenable Nessus Manager instance and does not become part of the cluster.
Before you begin
Ensure there is a functional cluster available for the agents to migrate to. The cluster should meet the Tenable Nessus Clustering System Requirements. If you do not have a functional cluster, enable clustering on the Tenable Nessus Manager instance you want to act as the parent node for the cluster.
Get the linking key from the Linked Agents page of the Tenable Nessus Manager parent node for the cluster you want the agents to migrate to.
To migrate agents to a cluster:
- Access a non-clustered instance of Tenable Nessus Manager with linked agents.
In the top navigation bar, click Sensors.
The Linked Agents page appears. By default, Linked Agents is selected in the left navigation menu and the Linked Agents tab is active.
In the left navigation bar, click Agent Clustering.
The Cluster Setup page appears and displays the Settings tab.
- Click the Cluster Migration tab.
- Complete the Cluster Information:
- Parent Node Hostname — Type the hostname or IP address of the Tenable Nessus Manager parent node of the cluster to which you are migrating.
- Parent Node Port — Type the port for the specified parent node host. The default is 8834.
- Parent Node Linking Key — Paste or type the linking key that you copied from the Tenable Nessus Manager parent node, as described in Get Linking Key from Node.
- Enable Agent Migration — Select this checkbox to migrate agents to the cluster. Disable the checkbox to stop migrating agents, if agents are currently in the process of migrating.
Tenable Nessus Manager begins or stops migrating agents to the cluster, depending on whether you have selected Enable Agent Migration.
What to do next:
Log in to the Tenable Nessus Manager parent node to manage linked Tenable Nessus Agents.