Link to Tenable Nessus Manager
During initial installation, you can install Tenable Nessus as a remote scanner linked to Tenable Nessus Manager. If you choose not to link the scanner during initial installation, you can link your Tenable Nessus scanner later.
Note: Once you link Nessus to Tenable Nessus Manager, it remains linked until you unlink it.
Before you begin:
- Configure Tenable Nessus as described in Configure Tenable Nessus.
- If the Tenable Nessus scanner is or was previously linked to Tenable Vulnerability Management, Tenable.sc, or Tenable Nessus Manager, you need to unlink the scanner or run the nessuscli fix --reset-all command (for more information, see Fix Commands).
To link Nessus to Tenable Nessus Manager:
On the Welcome to Nessus screen, select Link Nessus to another Tenable product.
The Managed Scanner screen appears.
From the Managed by drop-down box, select Nessus Manager (Scanner).
- In the Host box, type Tenable Nessus Manager host.
- In the Port box, type the Tenable Nessus Manager port.
- In the Linking Key box, type the linking key from Tenable Nessus Manager.
The Create a user account screen appears.
- Create a Tenable Nessus administrator user account, which you use to log in to Tenable Nessus:
- In the Username box, enter a username.
In the Password box, enter a password for the user account.
Note: Passwords cannot contain Unicode characters.
Tenable Nessus finishes the configuration process, which may take several minutes.
Using the administrator user account you created, Sign In to Tenable Nessus.