Recently Viewed Topics
Link to Nessus Manager
This option installs Nessus as a Remote (Secondary) Scanner, linked to a Nessus Manager install.
During installation, you will be prompted to enter the Nessus Manager Host, Nessus Manager Port, and Nessus Manager Linking Key.
- Select Link to Nessus Manager from the Registration drop-down.
Next, enter the Nessus Manager Host, Manager Port (Nessus is installed on Port 8834 by default), and the Nessus Manger Linking Key.
OPTIONAL: Select the Custom Settings link to manually configure Proxy and Plugin Feed settings. Configuring Custom Settings allows you to override the default settings related to Nessus plugins.
Note: You may configure Custom Host settings only, Plugin Feed settings only, or both Custom Host and Plugin Feed settings.
- In the Host field, type the host name or IP address of your proxy server.
- In the Port field, type the Port Number of the proxy server.
- In the Username field, type the name of a user account that has permissions to access and use the proxy server.
- In the Password, type the password of the user account that you specified in the previous step.
- In the Plugin Feed portion of the page, use the Custom Host field to enter the host name or IP address of a custom plugin feed.
- Select Save to commit your Custom Settings.
- Finally, select the Continue button.
Nessus will finish the installation process; this may take several minutes.
Using the System Administrator account you created, Sign In to Nessus.