Recently Viewed Topics
Nessus (Home, Professional, or Manager)
This option installs a stand-alone versions of Nessus Home, Nessus Professional, or Nessus Manager. During installation, you will be prompted to enter your Nessus Activation Code; this Activation Code determines which product will be installed.
- Select Nessus (Home, Professional, or Manager) from the Registration drop-down.
- Enter your Activation Code. The Activation Code is the code you obtained from the your license e-mail or from the Tenable Support Portal.
OPTIONAL: Select the Custom Settings link to manually configure Proxy and Plugin Feed settings. Configuring Custom Settings allows you to override the default settings related to Nessus plugins.
Note: You may configure Custom Host settings only, Plugin Feed settings only, or both Custom Host and Plugin Feed settings.
- In the Host field, type the host name or IP address of your proxy server.
- In the Port field, type the Port Number of the proxy server.
- In the Username field, type the name of a user account that has permissions to access and use the proxy server.
- In the Password, type the password of the user account that you specified in the previous step.
- In the Plugin Feed portion of the page, use the Custom Host field to enter the host name or IP address of a custom plugin feed.
- Select Save to commit your Custom Settings.
- Finally, select the Continue button.
Nessus will finish the installation process; this may take several minutes.
Using the System Administrator account you created, Sign In to Nessus.