Recently Viewed Topics
Nessus Environment Variables
If you want to configure Nessus based on environment variables, you can set the following environment variables in the shell environment that Nessus is running in.
When you first launch Nessus after installation, Nessus first checks for the presence of environment variables, then checks for the config.json file.
Use the following environment variables for initial user configuration:
- NCONF_USER_USERNAME - Nessus username.
- NCONF_USER_PASSWORD - Nessus user password.
Note: If you create a user but leave the password value empty, Nessus automatically generates a password. To log in as the user, use nessuscli to change the user's password first.
- NCONF_USER_ROLE - Nessus user role.
Use the following environment variables for linking configuration:
- NCONF_LINK_HOST - Host of the manager you want to link to.
- NCONF_LINK_PORT - Port of the manager you want to link to.
- NCONF_LINK_NAME - Name of the
scannerto use when linking.
- NCONF_LINK_KEY - Linking key of the manager you want to link to.
- NCONF_LINK_CERT - (Optional) CA certificate to use to validate the connection to the manager.
- NCONF_LINK_RETRY - (Optional) Number of times Nessus should retry linking.