Install Nessus Home, Professional, or Manager
This option installs a standalone versions of Nessus Home, Nessus Professional, or Nessus Manager. During installation, you will be prompted to enter your Nessus Activation Code; this Activation Code determines which product will be installed.
- Select Nessus (
Home, Professional, or Manager) from the Registration drop-down box.
- Enter your Activation Code. The Activation Code is the code you obtained from the your license e-mail or from the Tenable Downloads Page.
(Optional) Select the Custom Settings link to manually configure Proxy and Plugin Feed settings. Configuring Custom Settings allows you to override the default settings related to Nessus plugins.
Note: You may configure Custom Host settings only, Plugin Feed settings only, or both Custom Host and Plugin Feed settings.
- In the Host field, type the hostname or IP address of your proxy server.
- In the Port field, type the Port Number of the proxy server.
- In the Username field, type the name of a user account that has permissions to access and use the proxy server.
- In the Password, type the password of the user account that you specified in the previous step.
- In the Plugin Feed section, use the Custom Host field to enter the hostname or IP address of a custom plugin feed.
- To commit your Custom Settings, click Save.
Nessus finishes the installation process, which may take several minutes.
Using the System Administrator account you created, Sign In to Nessus.