Back Up Nessus
Using the Nessus CLI, you can back up Nessus to restore it later on any system. When you back up Nessus, your license information and settings are preserved. Nessus does not back up scan results.
To back up Nessus:
- Log in to Nessus from a command terminal.
Create the Nessus backup file:
> nessuscli backup --create <backup_filename>
Nessus creates the backup file in the following directory:
- Linux: /opt/nessus/var/nessus
- Windows: C:\ProgramData\Tenable\Nessus\nessus
- Mac: /Library/Nessus/run/var/nessus
- (Optional) Move the Nessus backup file to a backup location on your system.
What to do next: