Back Up Nessus
Using the Nessus CLI, you can back up Nessus to restore it later on any system, even if it is a different operating system. When you back up Nessus, your license information and settings are preserved. Nessus does not back up scan results.
Note: If you perform a cross-platform backup and restore between Linux and Windows systems, after you restore Nessus, you must reconfigure any Nessus configurations that use schedules (for example, scan schedules or agent blackout windows). Schedules do not transfer correctly across these platforms because the operating systems use different timezone names.
To back up Nessus:
- Log in to Nessus from a command terminal.
Create the Nessus backup file:
> nessuscli backup --create <backup_filename>
Nessus creates the backup file in the following directory:
- Linux: /opt/nessus/var/nessus
- Windows: C:\ProgramData\Tenable\Nessus\nessus
- Mac: /Library/Nessus/run/var/nessus
- (Optional) Move the Nessus backup file to a backup location on your system.
What to do next: