Install Nessus on Windows
Video: Windows Installation process
Caution: If you install a Nessus Agent, Manager, or Scanner on a system with an existing Nessus Agent, Manager, or Scanner running
nessusd, the installation process will kill all other
nessusd processes. You may lose scan data as a result.
Note: Nessus does not support using symbolic links for /opt/nessus/.
Note: You may be required to restart your computer to complete installation.
Download Nessus Package File
For details, refer to the Product Download topic.
Start Nessus Installation
- Navigate to the folder where you downloaded the Nessus installer.
- Next, double-click the file name to start the installation process.
Complete the Windows InstallShield Wizard
- First, the Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard for Tenable, Inc. Nessus screen appears. Select Next to continue.
- On the License Agreement screen, read the terms of the Tenable, Inc. Nessus software license and subscription agreement.
- Select the I accept the terms of the license agreement option, and then click Next.
- On the Destination Folder screen, select the Next button to accept the default installation folder. Otherwise, select the Change button to install Nessus to a different folder.
- On the Ready to Install the Program screen, select the Install button.
The Installing Tenable, Inc. Nessus screen appears and a Status indication bar shows the installation progress. The process may take several minutes.
After the InstallShield Wizard completes, the Welcome to Nessus page loads in your default browser.
Perform the remaining Nessus installation steps in your web browser.