Install Nessus Essentials, Professional, or Manager
This option installs a standalone version of Nessus Essentials, Nessus Professional, or Nessus Manager. During installation, you must enter your Nessus Activation Code; this Activation Code determines which product is installed.
To configure Nessus as Nessus Essentials, Nessus Professional, or Nessus Manager:
On the Welcome to Nessus screen, select how you want to install Nessus:
- Nessus Home — The free version of Nessus for educators, students, and hobbyists.
- Nessus Professional — The de-facto industry standard vulnerability assessment solution for security practitioners.
- Nessus Expert — The industry-leading vulnerability assessment solution for the modern attack surface.
- Nessus Manager — The enterprise solution for managing Nessus Agents at scale.
If you selected Nessus Professional, Nessus Expert, or Nessus Manager, the Register Nessus screen appears.
If you selected Nessus Essentials, the Get an activation code screen appears. Do one of the following:
If you need an activation code:
- On the Get an activation code screen, type your name and email address.
- Click Email.
- Check your email for your free activation code.
If you already have an activation code, click Skip.
The Register Nessus page appears.
On the Register Nessus screen, type your Activation Code.
The Activation Code is the code you obtained from your activation email or from the Tenable Downloads Page.
The Create a user account screen appears.
- Create a Nessus administrator user account that you use to log in to Nessus:
- In the Username box, enter a username.
In the Password box, enter a password for the user account.
Note: Passwords cannot contain Unicode characters.
Nessus finishes the configuration process, which may take several minutes.
Using the administrator user account you created, Sign In to Nessus.