Recently Viewed Topics
Link to Nessus Manager
During initial installation, you can install Nessus as a remote scanner linked to Nessus Manager. If you choose not to link the scanner during initial installation, you can link your Nessus scanner later.
Note: Once you link Nessus to Nessus Manager, it remains linked until you unlink it.
Before you begin
- Configure Nessus as described in Configure Nessus.
To link Nessus to Nessus Manager:
- On the Register your scanner screen, in the Scanner Type drop-down box, click Link to Nessus Manager.
- In the Manager Host box, type the host on which Nessus Manager is installed.
- In the Manager Port box, type 8834.
- In the Linking Key box, type the Linking Key that appears on the Scanners page in Nessus Manager.
- (Optional) Select the Use Proxy check box. If you select this check box, the following options appear:
- In the Host box, type the host name or IP address of the proxy server.
- In the Port box, type the port number of the proxy server.
- In the Username box, type the username for an account that has permissions to access and use the proxy server.
- In the Password box, type the password that corresponds to the user account that you specified in the previous step.
If you want to use a custom plugin feed, click the Advanced Settings link.
The Custom Host box appears.
- In the Custom Host box, type the host name or IP address of a custom plugin feed.
- Click Save.
- Click Continue.