Recently Viewed Topics
Set up a Google Cloud Platform Project
Before You Begin
Python 2.7 must be installed on your local machine to use the Google Cloud SDK tools. The gcloud tool is used in this guide to interact with the Compute Engine API.
Create a Google Account and log in to the Google Cloud Platform Console.
- Create a new project in the Google Cloud Platform Console.
- In the upper left corner of the Console, click , and then select API Manager.
- In the Google Cloud APIs section, select Compute Engine API.
Click the Enable button.
Caution: In order to use Google Compute Engine, you must enter billing information. Refer to Google's Compute Engine Pricing article for more information.
Install and initialize the Google Cloud SDK for your local machine's platform by referencing the Before you Begin and Initialize the SDK sections in one of the following links:
- Instructions for Linux
- Instructions for Debian and Ubuntu
- Instructions for Mac OS X
- Instructions for Windows
Note: Make note of which compute zone you choose during the initialization of Google Cloud SDK. The examples in this guide use the zone us-east1-b. Make sure to substitute with the zone you chose if it's different than the one used in this guide.