Nessus 10.0.2 Release Notes - 2021-12-14
Changed Functionality and Performance Enhancements
To facilitate a rapid response to new and critical security threats, Tenable Vulnerability Management users can now trigger an immediate plugin update on their scanners from the Tenable Vulnerability Management user interface, rather than waiting for the standard 24-hour plugin update cycle.
Due to the dynamic plugin compilation update, Tenable Nessus customers who have custom plugins could experience compilation failures if their plugins do not adhere to the updated standards outlined in the NASL Library Optimization guide. We recommend that customers with custom plugins review this guide and make any necessary updates before updating to Tenable Nessus 10.0.x.
- You can upgrade to the latest version of Tenable Nessus from any previously supported version.
- If your upgrade path skips versions of Tenable Nessus, Tenable recommends reviewing the release notes for all skipped versions to learn about new features and bug fixes.
- If you want your scanners to automatically update to the newest version prior to the GA date, set your Nessus Update Plan to Opt in to Early Access releases.
- If you want to manually update your scanners to the latest version prior to the GA date, disable automatic updates so the scanner does not automatically downgrade to the previous version.
For Nessus 8.8.0 and later running on Windows, you must install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 on the host operating system. The following Windows versions require a minimum Service Pack to be installed:
- Windows 7 SP1
- Windows Server 2008 SP2
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1