Nessus 10.1.2 Release Notes - 2022-03-30
The following are the new features included in Nessus 10.1.2:
You can now install and access Terrascan, a static code analyzer for Infrastructure as Code, on your Nessus Professional or Essentials instance from the new Terrascan page. Terrascan is most commonly used in automated pipelines to identify policy violations before insecure infrastructure is provisioned.
The following are security updates included in Nessus 10.1.2:
OpenSSL was updated to the latest version 1.1.1n.
For more information, see the Tenable Product Security Advisory.
Due to the dynamic plugin compilation update, Nessus customers who have custom plugins could experience compilation failures if their plugins do not adhere to the updated standards outlined in the NASL Library Optimization guide. We recommend that customers with custom plugins review this guide and make any necessary updates before updating to Nessus 10.0.x.
- You can upgrade to the latest version of Nessus from any previously supported version.
- If your upgrade path skips versions of Nessus, Tenable recommends reviewing the release notes for all skipped versions to learn about new features and bug fixes.
- If you want your scanners to automatically update to the newest version prior to the GA date, set your Nessus Update Plan to Opt in to Early Access releases.
- If you want to manually update your scanners to the latest version prior to the GA date, disable automatic updates so the scanner does not automatically downgrade to the previous version.
For Nessus 8.8.0 and later running on Windows, you must install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 on the host operating system. The following Windows versions require a minimum Service Pack to be installed:
- Windows 7 SP1
- Windows Server 2008 SP2
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1