(Early Access) Nessus 10.3.0 Release Notes - 2022-06-21
Note: This version of Nessus is an Early Access release. To opt in to Early Access, contact your Tenable representative or configure the Nessus Update Plan in the user interface.
Changed Functionality and Performance Enhancements
The following enhancements are included in Nessus 10.3.0:
Updated OpenSSL to support version 3.0.3.
Updated the Nessus NASL compiler to stop when it encounters file errors.
|Bug Fix||Defect ID||Applies to|
|Fixed an issue where ACAS colors would appear incorrectly.||01290503||Nessus Manager, Nessus Professional|
|Fixed an infinite loop issue related to certain HTTP requests.||01369596||All Nessus versions|
Fixed an RDNS lookup issue that affected some Nessus instances..
Note: To address this bug, Nessus was modified to use an asynchronous method of reverse DNS lookup. The asynchronous lookup method is unstable in some newer Linux versions, so Nessus instances installed on Linux systems still use the original synchronous lookup method. Most Linux users should use the original synchronous method. However, if the synchronous lookup method causes your scans to stall, you can upgrade to the new asynchronous method by running the following command: nessuscli fix --set rdns.use_asynchronous_lookup.
|01280566||All Nessus versions|
Due to the dynamic plugin compilation update, Nessus customers who have custom plugins could experience compilation failures if their plugins do not adhere to the updated standards outlined in the NASL Library Optimization guide. We recommend that customers with custom plugins review this guide and make any necessary updates before updating to Nessus 10.0.x.
- You can upgrade to the latest version of Nessus from any previously supported version.
- If your upgrade path skips versions of Nessus, Tenable recommends reviewing the release notes for all skipped versions to learn about new features and bug fixes.
- If you want your scanners to automatically update to the newest version before the GA date, set your Nessus Update Plan to Opt in to Early Access releases.
- If you want to manually update your scanners to the latest version before the GA date, disable automatic updates so the scanner does not automatically downgrade to the previous version.
For Nessus 8.8.0 and later running on Windows, you must install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 on the host operating system. The following Windows versions require a minimum Service Pack to be installed:
- Windows 7 SP1
- Windows Server 2008 SP2
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1