Nessus 8.10.1 Release Notes - 2020-05-19
Note: Nessus 8.10.1 for the AWS Graviton2 platform is available as an Early Access release. Try it here: https://www.tenable.com/downloads/nessus-early-access
The following are the new features included in Nessus 8.10.1:
Added Option to Force Stop a Scan Job - Added the ability to force a scan job to stop.
For more information, see Stop a Running Scan in the Nessus User Guide.
Changed Functionality and Performance Enhancements
- Increased time window for marking an agent as offline - Improved the determination of when an agent should be considered offline.
- Upgraded Nessus to use OpenSSL 1.1.1g.
- Streamlined application of large cloud-based exclusion lists to improve scan performance.
|Bug Fix||Defect ID|
|Fixed an issue with target scanning access not being enforced consistently for Tenable.io scans.||00921904|
|When a recast rule is used for an emailed report the recast rule was ignored.||00924963|
|Resolved an issue where scans run on the first of the month filled-up the disk space with verbose log detail for certain customers.||00947418|
|When using the "CVSS Vector Contains" filter in Nessus Pro, results did not match the filter.||00970121|
|Email notification for agent scans did not send when clustering is enabled.||00975051|
|For Agent scans in clustered environment, the "plugin_set" value was not available in .nessus exports.||00979699|
|Resolved issue when processing large exclusion lists that caused delays in starting scans.||00984830|
|Exported HTML/PDF did not display enumerated service names.||00998344|
|Agent scan in clustered environment was reporting in pending state rather than running.||01003033|
|Improved the determination of when an Agent should be considered offline.||00935155|
|Fixed an issue where Agent blackout windows were not enforced for Agents in a clustering configuration.||-|
- You can upgrade to the latest version of Nessus from any previously supported version.
- If your upgrade path skips versions of Nessus, Tenable recommends reviewing the release notes for all skipped versions to learn about new features and bug fixes.
Tenable.io-linked scanners receive the latest software update starting one week after the Nessus general availability (GA) date.
- If you want your scanners to automatically update to the newest version prior to that date, set your Nessus Update Plan to Opt in to Early Access releases.
- If you want to manually update your scanners to the latest version prior to that date, disable automatic updates so the scanner does not automatically downgrade to the previous version.
For Nessus 8.8.0 and later running on Windows, you must install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 on the host operating system. The following Windows versions require a minimum Service Pack to be installed:
- Windows 7 SP1
- Windows Server 2008 SP2
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1