Nessus 8.13.1 Release Notes - 2020-12-16
Changed Functionality and Performance Enhancements
The following additional enhancements are included in Nessus 8.13.1:
Nessus now leverages OpenSSL version 1.1.1i.
|Bug Fix||Defect ID||Applies to|
|Fix issue on Nessus Manager cluster parent node with processing Agent scan results greater than 2GB.||01127708||Nessus Manager|
- You can upgrade to the latest version of Nessus from any previously supported version.
- If your upgrade path skips versions of Nessus, Tenable recommends reviewing the release notes for all skipped versions to learn about new features and bug fixes.
Tenable.io-linked scanners receive the latest software update starting one week after the Nessus general availability (GA) date.
- If you want your scanners to automatically update to the newest version prior to that date, set your Nessus Update Plan to Opt in to Early Access releases.
- If you want to manually update your scanners to the latest version prior to that date, disable automatic updates so the scanner does not automatically downgrade to the previous version.
For Nessus 8.8.0 and later running on Windows, you must install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 on the host operating system. The following Windows versions require a minimum Service Pack to be installed:
- Windows 7 SP1
- Windows Server 2008 SP2
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1