Nessus 8.15.2 Release Notes - 2021-09-20
Changed Functionality and Performance Enhancements
The following additional enhancement is included in Nessus 8.15.2:
Nessus has been updated with the latest version of OpenSSL 1.1.1l.Note: Nessus was not affected by the OpenSSL vulnerability fixed in 1.1.1l. Nessus has only been updated to include the latest version of the OpenSSL library.
- You can upgrade to the latest version of Nessus from any previously supported version.
- If your upgrade path skips versions of Nessus, Tenable recommends reviewing the release notes for all skipped versions to learn about new features and bug fixes.
- If you upgrade to this version of Nessus and downgrade later on, run the following command to ensure support for Internet Explorer: nessuscli fix --set ssl_cipher_list=compatible.
- If you want your scanners to automatically update to the newest version prior to the GA date, set your Nessus Update Plan to Opt in to Early Access releases.
- If you want to manually update your scanners to the latest version prior to the GA date, disable automatic updates so the scanner does not automatically downgrade to the previous version.
For Nessus 8.8.0 and later running on Windows, you must install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 on the host operating system. The following Windows versions require a minimum Service Pack to be installed:
- Windows 7 SP1
- Windows Server 2008 SP2
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1