Nessus 8.7.0 Release Notes - 2019-09-24
- Nessus Manager Clustering Enhancements: Support for agent migration into Nessus Manager clusters is now available. Clustering no longer requires a licensing flag, and is available to be configured for all customers using Nessus Manager for large agent installations.
- Tenable Research News Widget: In Nessus Essentials, RSS feed-based notifications present recent publications from Tenable Research in the UI, providing a live view of the ongoing research and publications of Tenable's cutting-edge Research organization.
- Host Discovery Scan Wizard: New users of Nessus Essentials and Nessus Professional trial are presented with a scan wizard upon first use of the product to walk through the process from host discovery to vulnerability scanning. Now it only takes a couple clicks for new users to create and execute their first scan.
- Licensing transparency for Nessus Essentials and Nessus Professional Trial: A new License Utilization page gives Nessus Essentials and Nessus Professional trial users visibility into the hosts that have consumed their licensed pool of hosts, as well as the length of time before each asset will no longer count against the license.
- Updated Host Discovery Results Page: Refreshed the results page for Host Discovery Scans to present more relevant information. Users can now see port, host, and OS information when available, based on the type of discovery scan performed.
- Launch scans from result set of another scan: Users can now select hosts from one scan result set to open or launch a new scan with those hosts pre-populated as targets.
- Scan templates have been grouped by type: Scan templates have now been grouped by type and will fall into one of the following categories: Discovery, Vulnerability, and Compliance.
|Bug Fix||Defect ID|
|Fixed an issue where all agent filters are removed when removing just one.||00842212|
|Fixed an issue with Nessus compliance filters returning zero results.||00845952|
|Fixed an issue where Nessus Manager blackout window was not being enforced.||00815692|
|Fixed an intermittent issue where a scan ran outside of the scheduled scan time when daylight savings time started.||00713482|
|Fixed an issue where managed scanners were displaying templates that are only available through Tenable.io.||00823897|
|Fixed an issue where the re-balance button for clustering was not always responsive on first pass.||00831948|
|Fixed an issue where disabled scans may not run after being re-enabled.||00836620|
|Fixed an issue where the unread/read scan(s) indicator in the UI was sometimes incorrect.||00845172, 00854997, 00847274|
|Documented the possible agent status values returned from the Nessus/Agents API in the online API documentation.||00850459|