Nessus 8.8.0 Release Notes - 2019-11-05
The following are the new features included in Nessus 8.8.0:
- Red Hat 8 Support - Nessus now supports Red Hat 8 as a supported host operating system.
- Agent key update confirmation - A confirmation prompt now appears when a user attempts to update the Nessus Agent key.
Changed Functionality and Performance Enhancements
The following are changes to functionality included in Nessus 8.8.0:
Log rotation max_files default change - The default value for number of log files retained when rotating logs has changed from 100 to 10. This change applies to backend.log and www_server.log files, and will cause the oldest files to be rotated off if the new maximum is exceeded. Customers can modify the number of log files retained by changing the setting in the log.json file.
For more information, see Manage Logs in Nessus User Guide.
|Bug Fix||Defect ID|
|Fixed an issue where ping doesn't work in a static route network environment||00792741|
|Fixed an issue where some appliances were consuming their available disk space with logs by reducing the default log rotation Max_Files value to 10||00903832|
|Fixed an intermittent issue where blackout windows were not enforced by Nessus Manager||00815692|
|Fixed an intermittent issue where agent policies may have been missing a selected tag||00867327|
|Fixed a presentation issue in the UI with very long folder names||00871572|
|Fixed an issue where blackout windows were not enforced immediately after 00:00||00815692|
|Fixed an issue where an agent unlinked from UI cannot relink from agent CLI||-|
|Fixed an intermittent issue with heartbeats not properly timing out in the NASL recv() function||00759300|
For Nessus 8.8.0 and later running on Windows, you must install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 on the host operating system. The following Windows versions require a minimum Service Pack to be installed:
- Windows 7 SP1
- Windows Server 2008 SP2
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- You can upgrade to the latest version of Nessus from any previously supported version.
- If your upgrade path skips versions of Nessus, Tenable recommends reviewing the release notes for all skipped versions to learn about new features and bug fixes.
- After you upgrade Nessus, downgrading to a prior version of Nessus is not supported. Please back up your system first.