Nessus 8.9.1 Release Notes - 2020-03-04
The following are the new features included in Nessus 8.9.1:
- Additional SSL cipher options - Additional security by updating our SSL cipher options to take full advantage of OpenSSL 1.1.1.
- Additional OS support - Added support for MacOS Catalina (10.15).
Changed Functionality and Performance Enhancements
The following are changes to functionality included in Nessus 8.9.1:
- Quality and stability improvements.
|Bug Fix||Defect ID|
|Fixed issue where a user errantly receives a SIGABRT when running a large scan.||00830386|
|Fixed issue where SYN Scanner improperly listed ports by first numeral instead of entire port number.||00859512|
|Fixed issue with Scan config defaulting to UTC instead of system timezone.||00891818|
|Fixed issue with settings page not loading after upgrade.||00901440|
|Fixed issue related to poor performance of external PCI scans on AP cloud scanners.||00900847|
|Fixed issue with Dashboard Tab not showing despite being selected in the scan configuration.||00916022|
|Fixed issue related to data filtering of agents.||00926282|
|Fixed issue related to timezone misconfiguration allowing customers to schedule scans in the past.||00922826|
|Fixed issue with not being able to set the agent blackout window using IE 11.||00944123|
For Nessus 8.8.0 and later running on Windows, you must install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 on the host operating system. The following Windows versions require a minimum Service Pack to be installed:
- Windows 7 SP1
- Windows Server 2008 SP2
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- You can upgrade to the latest version of Nessus from any previously supported version.
- If your upgrade path skips versions of Nessus, Tenable recommends reviewing the release notes for all skipped versions to learn about new features and bug fixes.
- After you upgrade Nessus, downgrading to a prior version of Nessus is not supported. Please back up your system first.