The following are the new features included in Agent 7.7.0:
- AWS Graviton2 support - Added support for Amazon Linux 2 on the AArch64 ARM-based architecture, which allows customers to run Agents on ARM platforms, including AWS Graviton2.
- Update plan choice - For Tenable.io-linked agents, users can set an update plan that determines the version that the agent automatically updates to.
The options are as follows:
- Update to the latest GA release: Update to the latest version as soon as it is made generally available (GA).
- Opt in to Early Access releases: Update to the latest version as soon as it is released for Early Access (EA), typically a few weeks before general availability.
Delay updates, staying on an older release: Remain on an earlier version of Nessus Agent set by Tenable, which is at least one release older than the current generally available version. When Agent releases a new version, your instance updates software versions, but stays on a version prior to the latest release.
Note: Agent cannot downgrade to versions earlier than 7.7.0, so the agent remains on a minimum version of 7.7.0 if you set the update plan to delay updates.
For more information, see Agent Update Plan in the Nessus Agent User Guide.
Downgrade support - Added support for users to downgrade their agents to an earlier release.
Note: Agent cannot downgrade to versions earlier than 7.7.0.
For more information, see Downgrade Nessus Agent in the Nessus Agent User Guide.
- Duplicate Agent detection - Checking for duplicate agents being created by cloned hosts, including logging of detections and a new setting to enable automatic re-identification of agents detected as duplicates. For more information, see Advanced Settings in the Nessus Agent User Guide.
Changed Functionality and Performance Enhancements
The following functionality was added or updated in Agent 7.7.0:
DB settings updated for Agent Preferences DB, to reduce risk of DB corruption during heavy load.
Better logging to track Agent software updates for Tenable.io-linked scanners.
|Bug Fix||Defect ID|
|Fixed an issue where an Agent status query on certain non-English Windows systems incorrectly reported that the Agent was not running.||01010001|
Note: If your upgrade path skips versions of Nessus Agents, Tenable recommends reviewing the release notes for all skipped versions. You may need to update your configurations because of features and functionality added in skipped versions.