Recently Viewed Topics
The following list describes significant changes that are included in the Tenable Appliance version 2.8.1, as well as any known issues and notes for upgrading. A PDF file of these release notes is also available here.
Currently Nessus, SecurityCenter, and PVS applications are supported on the appliance with LCE to be added in the future.
Please obtain and read the Tenable Appliance 2.8 Guide for complete installation or upgrade instructions. The newest version of this document is available at http://static.tenable.com/prod_docs/Tenable_Appliance_2.8_Guide.pdf.
Obtaining the Image
The Tenable Virtual Appliance image is available for VMware Server, VMware Player, VMware ESX, VMware Workstation, VMware Fusion, and vSphere (http://vmware.com) as well as Hyper-V and may be downloaded from the Tenable Downloads page.
File Names & MD5 Checksums
The documents listed below are available for download from the Documentation Center:
- Tenable Appliance 2.8 Guide
- Tenable Series 100/200 Appliance Quick Start Guide
- Tenable Appliance Software License Agreement
New Features Added
- SecurityCenter 4.8.1 - Includes OpenSSL "ChangeCipherSpec" man-in-the-middle (MiTM) Vulnerability (CVE-2014-0224) patch for SecurityCenter
- Nessus 5.2.7 - Upgrades OpenSSL used by Nessus to 1.0.0m to address SSL/TLS MiTM vulnerability (CVE-2014-0224)
- PVS 4.0.3 - Upgrades OpenSSL used by PVS to 1.0.0m to address SSL/TLS MiTM vulnerability (CVE-2014-0224)
- Added PVS real time log files to the "Logs" page
- Upgrades appliance operating system to address CVE-2014-0224
- Prevented restoration operations during a currently running backup
- Improved reporting about recent or ongoing backup statuses on the "Backup" page
- Perform backup/restoration on applications using a specific defined order (System Configuration, SecurityCenter, Nessus, PVS)
- Support script output is now displayed in the web browser after execution, in addition to being logged to the "System Log" as in previous versions
Supports upgrading from the VM or Hardware Appliance version 2.8.0. Note: 32 bit versions are no longer available.
Importing (vmimports) from 2.8.0 disk image is supported.
The 2.8.1 release supports restoration of backups created by appliance versions 2.8.0 and newer. Backups may be restored from appliance version 2.6.2 if SecurityCenter is not installed.
Tenable Appliance 2.8.1 Update
Users of the VM and Hardware Appliance version 2.8.0 can upgrade to 2.8.1 by applying the TenableAppliance 2.8.1 Update package. It is recommended that users applying this update verify that their VM has 2GB of RAM or more.
File Names & MD5 Checksums: