Recently Viewed Topics
Tenable Appliance 2.2.0 Release Notes - 6/4/2012
The following list describes significant changes that are included in the Tenable Appliance version 2.2.0, as well as any known issues and notes for upgrading. A PDF file of these release notes is also available here.
Currently Nessus, SecurityCenter, and PVS applications are supported on the appliance with LCE to be added in the future.
Please obtain and read the Tenable Appliance 2.2 Guide for complete installation or upgrade instructions. The newest version of this document is available at http://static.tenable.com/prod_docs/Tenable_Appliance_2.2_Guide.pdf.
Obtaining the Image
The Tenable Virtual Appliance image is available for VMware Server, VMware Player, VMware Workstation, VMware ESX, and VMware vSphere (http://vmware.com) and may be downloaded from the Tenable Support Portal located at https://support.tenable.com/support-center.
File Names & MD5 Checksums
The Tenable VMware image for VMware Server and VMware Player is provided as a .zip archive with a filename in the following format:
The VMware ESX Server image is provided as a .zip archive with a filename in the following format:
The documents listed below are available for download from the Tenable Support Portal:
- Tenable Appliance 2.2 Guide
- Series 100 Quick Start Guide
- Series 200 Quick Start Guide
- Tenable Appliance Software License Agreement
New Features Added
- Updated installed applications to Nessus 5.0.1, SecurityCenter 188.8.131.52, and PVS 184.108.40.206.
- Customers on the hardware appliance will no longer see erroneous disk space warnings on the SecurityCenter application page.
- Customers may now control which interfaces and ports SecurityCenter is configured to accept connections on.
- The ability to add multiple NTP servers had been added.
- The ability to remove/modify the default NTP servers has also been added.
- Management of Nessus report stylesheets has been improved.
- The interface for generating and downloading Support Reports has been improved.
- Customers using PVS may now download generated reports directly from the Appliance Logs page.
- Miscellaneous bugs have been fixed.
- Operating System updates are included.
Upgrading from 2.0.1
Users of the 2.0.1 VM and Hardware appliance can upgrade to 2.2.0 by applying the TenableAppliance 2.2.0 Update1 package. It is recommended that users applying this update upgrade their VM to 2GB of ram or more.
Tenable Appliance 2.2.0 Update 1 - 7/13/2012
- SecurityCenter upgraded to version 220.127.116.11.
- Syslog forwarding entries will no longer get deleted on upgrade.
- The 'Custom NTP Servers' text input area allows bare IP addresses as well as fully specified server lines.
- Adding network interfaces beyond the initial four works correctly again.
- An issue preventing older Nessus configurations from being imported (at upgrade time) has been fixed.
- It is now possible to generate sanitized support reports (where supported by the individual applications).
File Names & MD5 Checksums:
Tenable Appliance 18.104.22.168 Update Nessus 5.0.2 - 10/25/2012
This update will upgrade the Nessus application included with Tenable Appliance version 2.2.0-update1 (and only that version) from Nessus 5.0.1 to Nessus 5.0.2. This update requires TenableAppliance-2.2.0-update1- package as a prerequisite.
Prior to installation, it is recommended a full backup of the appliance is made.
File Names & MD5 Checksums: