Recently Viewed Topics
The following list describes significant changes that are included in the Tenable Appliance version 4.3.0.
New Features Added
- Added support for automating appliance backups on a schedule.
- VM Migration is now supported directly from the wizard.
- Added control for scheduling of automatic update checks.
- Added support for offsite storage of backups.
- SecurityCenter is no longer available on Light appliances.
- SecurityCenter upgraded to 5.4.0
- Nessus upgraded to 6.8.1
VM configuration changes
- Light appliances now ship with 50 GB of hard disk space.
- Standard appliances now ship with 200 GB of hard disk space.
- VMware appliances now ship configured with 8 GB RAM.
Appliance Web Interface
- Improved display of appliance resource availability relative to application requirements in the wizard.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Corrected operation of 'Repair Root (/) Filesystem' boot-time option.
- Corrected support for multiple Search Domains in the wizard.
- Correctly install updated VMware tools during offline update.
- The Appliance UI's Nessus page (Located at Appliance -> Applications -> Nessus) may take up 3 minutes to load. A Support Script is available to fix.
- When automatic backups are configured to use local storage a warning about remote storage not being configured is displayed. This is harmless and can be ignored.
Supported Upgrade Paths
Tenable Appliance 4.3 supports the following direct upgrade paths:
- 4.1.0 -> 4.3.0
- 4.2.0 -> 4.3.0
- 4.2.0 -> 4.2.1 -> 4.3.0
- 4.2.1 -> 4.3.0
File Names & MD5 Checksums