Recently Viewed Topics
The following list describes significant changes that are included in the Tenable Appliance version 2.4.1, as well as any known issues and notes for upgrading. A PDF file of these release notes is also available here.
Currently Nessus, SecurityCenter, and PVS applications are supported on the appliance with LCE to be added in the future.
Please obtain and read the Tenable Appliance 2.4 Guide for complete installation or upgrade instructions. The newest version of this document is available at http://static.tenable.com/prod_docs/Tenable_Appliance_2.4_Guide.pdf.
Obtaining the Image
The Tenable Virtual Appliance image is available for VMware Server, VMware Player, VMware ESX, VMware Workstation, VMware Fusion, and vSphere (http://vmware.com) as well as Hyper-V and may be downloaded from the Tenable Support Portal located at https://support.tenable.com/support-center.
File Names & MD5 Checksums
The Tenable VMware image for VMware Server, VMware Player, VMware ESX, VMware Workstation, VMware Fusion, and vSphere is provided as a .ova file in both 32 and 64-bit versions with a filename in the following format:
The Tenable Hyper-V image for 64-bit versions is provided as a .zip file with a filename in the following format:
The documents listed below are available for download from the Tenable Support Portal:
- Tenable Appliance 2.4 Guide
- Series 100 Quick Start Guide
- Series 200 Quick Start Guide
- Tenable Appliance Software License Agreement
New Features Added
- Nessus upgraded to version 5.2.1
- SecurityCenter upgraded to version 126.96.36.199
- PVS upgraded to version 3.8.1
- Includes local support for allowing Nessus to take screenshots of scanned websites without requiring Nessus to connect to the cloud.
- Correctly supports using SSL Certificates that require intermediate certificates with SecurityCenter
- Upload processes for SSL Certificates for Nessus, SecurityCenter, and the Appliance Web Interface have been made more consistent with each other.
- Allow Special Characters in the PVS Proxy Password
- Support the "vlan" keyword in PVS Included and Excluded Networks
- Some actions on the console menu can now be password protected
- New Appliance web interface theme
- VMware images are now packaged using the OVA format
Tenable Appliance 2.4.1 Update 1 (6/18/2013)
Update 1 contains a minor bug fix. Users of the VM and Hardware Appliance version 188.8.131.52 and 2.4.0 can upgrade to 2.4.1 Update 1 by applying the TenableAppliance 2.4.1 Update 1 package. It is recommended that users applying this update upgrade their VM to 2GB of ram or more.
File Names & MD5 Checksums:
Tenable Appliance 2.4.1 Update 2 (9/26/2013)
Users of the VM and Hardware Appliance version 2.4.1-1 can upgrade to 2.4.1 Update 2 by applying the TenableAppliance 2.4.1 Update 2 package. It is recommended that users applying this update upgrade their VM to 2GB of ram or more.
Updated Tenable software versions:
- Nessus 5.2.2
- SecurityCenter 4.7
Updated software license agreements are included in this update. Please review the appropriate license for any products you are currently using.
- Added support for generating packet captures from an appliance interface.
- Improved display of PVS license key details.
- Added a session timeout to the appliance web interface, will now prompt for user credentials again after 30 minutes of inactivity.
- Added brute force protection by limiting user login attempts.
- The appliance console confirmation prompts no longer accept invalid inputs.
- The appliance web interface now enforces stricter requirements for browser authentication.
File Names & MD5 Checksums: